Sunday 30 October 2011

Say Hello, Kitty



Happy Birthday to Evie Redwood who is 3 on Tuesday. I hope you had a lovely birthday party today and that everyone enjoyed the Hello Kitty cake your mama ordered.

Who knew that Hello Kitty could be so controversial? I had what can only be described as a Kitty Gate moment on Thursday evening when one of my friends came over for a girls night in. I was looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine after a stressful day of making my own Kitty and all the little handmade flowers that I used to decorate Evie's cake.

My friend is very supportive of Mammamakescakes so I was quite excited about introducing her to Kitty. I'd already got the thumbs up from my Creative Director so was looking forward to my moment in the sun, my minute of glory. A drum roll, couple of sparklers and a Catherine Wheel later I do my great 'ta-dah' and, well, nothing. The sound of silence.

After about a second my friend looks at me and says 'are her ears supposed to be that big?'. Talk about gutted. Long story short, no they weren't supposed to be that big so after a little bit of cosmetic surgery (and yes an ear job really can change a face) my Kitty was reborn. Reluctantly I have to admit that she looks a lot better for it. I think Mama Redwood agreed too.

Constructive criticism? It kind of sucks doesn't it?

Anyway, I am happy to add this Hello Kitty cake to my portfolio so whether you'd like one of these or ANYTHING else let me know and I'll see what I can do. I may or may not ask my friends opinion next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment