Thursday 6 October 2011

La Grenouille

It all started with my daughters first birthday and a big, green, frog.

In the past my mother has made all of the cakes for our special occasions - birthdays, christenings, Christmas, but this time I just fancied giving it a go myself. Armed with her secret recipe and google images, myself and my older daughter (she's 2.5) set out to make the perfect birthday cake.

It wasn't the most auspicious start when Mia decided what her little sister would most like in the world was a bright green frog but hey, I was happy to give it a go. 8 hours, 2 takes and a lot of tears later a frog was born.

I was so pleased with the results but could never have anticipated the reception that Freddie received. Everyone who came to the birthday party thought he was great and one of my friends asked me to make a cake for her own little girl's birthday which is this weekend. I can't believe it. I think maybe I'm going to be a cake maker when I grow up.

If you live in Berrylands or Surbiton and would like me to make you a cake for any occasion do give me a shout- I'd love to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment