Tuesday 20 December 2011

Stars, Spots, Stripes and Victoria Sponge



The lady I made this cake for wasn't very specific when she placed her order. Usually I'd start with a photo, picture, figure or specific theme. My brief for this one was to come up with something different, original, 'out of this world.'  Where do you start? It's for an adult so little green men and UFO's didn't seem quite appropriate.

Instead I took inspiration from the birthday girl who loves all thing blue, stripey and/or spotty. It was as easy as pie (well cake) after that. I can't help feeling that this could be the inspiration for any Jubilee orders next year. A little bit of red in all the layers and maybe some white in the stars and I think we've got something very special indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment